View Single Post
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-07-17, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensdanny38 View Post
Maddox is the man. I no longer check his site either, Luca. He sold out and is now a millionaire from his book sales and whatnot. His stuff is still hilarious and very spot on, though. The other post about how Apple users cannot shut the fuck up defines about half the pretentious hipster "mac community".

iPod replacement, robo? give me a break. You're buying into the exact marketing that Apple wants you to.

The iPhone is one of the shittiest mp3 player on the market. Try using it to workout or run or do other real-life activities with it and you'll see the limitations.

It takes all the good things about the iPod (scroll wheel, one click song change, etc) and ruins them. It is the anti-iPod. I hope to god they don't replace the current gen of iPods with a piece of garbage like the iPhone's version of the iPod.
You're smoking something if you really think that the iPhone is a shitty music player. (And if you think Maddox is good writing or innovative in any way, you're not exactly a good judge of taste anyway.) It's fantastic. There are a few drawbacks to the interface changes but the listening experience is much more enhanced with the tactility of the interface. I love the way they've done the metaphorically "flipping" the CD to see what's on it and pick what you want to listen to.

It's such a gratifying experience to browse through albums, all arranged alphabetically (the way I wish my real CD collection would be!) with album art so you can see what you're looking for.

"Real world" usage? What do you do in the real world that makes selecting an album and putting the thing in your pocket difficult? The fact that you can adjust the volume or pause the playback without having to turn "hold" off are great usability enhancements. I don't know about you, but I walk far more than I run and there are still iPods out there, you know.

I'm not going to get into debunking the shit you spewed about one touch song changes and whatnot but I'll only say you're wrong. I wonder if you're response is some sort of visceral one you've got whenever Roboman posts something. Get over it.