View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-02, 09:35

Maybe some sort of small SSD module that connects to the bottom via USB-C (or do the pro iPhones have Lightning?). Can't imagine it being wireless, at least not on the next several go-arounds. But I also don't know anything about such things, so who am I to say?

But I could see a little thing that sticks into the bottom of an iPhone. Maybe those already exist, I don't know.

I know the iPhone (the Pro for sure) can film things - commercials, presentation videos, short films - but I figure anyone doing so on the serious is also probably toting around a Mac of some sort for all the editing/post-production work (with 4GB hard drives and/or connected external storage). Apple may take the approach of "anyone using our phones for serious filming work should be savvy enough to realize it's probably not practical/feasible for it to be a one-device endeavor" and will happily sell them a MacBook Pro to help put it all together?

I imagine all the footage shot for anything serious/real is going to be offloaded anyway, if only for backup. So I don't think Apple is looking at their iPhone being the end-all/be-all of hardcore, serious filmmaking, but just one part of it (the camera/capturing part).

But, yeah...Apple or any number of third-party outfits could probably sell external storage that plugs into the lightning/USB-C port to add external, removable storage to an iOS device.