View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-11-23, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I'm not sure violence is growing. Polarization appears to be, and/or perhaps political nihilism. I'm fine with a debate of "how much should the state be investing in infrastructure", but not "should we be investing in infrastructure at all? what even is infrastructure?"
Violence isn’t really growing I suppose, but we seem to be sitting on the edge, due to the political polarization. It is the nature of the protests we are seeing that have changed I suppose.

What is infrastructure? I used a dictionary to figure that out.

I’ll give an example from a local situation, 6 years ago political party A started a project to replace a old worn out highway tunnel with a bridge. Contracts signed, project well underway. Party A lost the election. Party B decided that they didn’t like the project because they wanted a tunnel, and to hire a different union based companies to do the work. As you can imagine this cost tax payers a lot of money, and restarting a new project and throwing out existing parts of the project even more. If party A wins the next election, they promise to build the bridge again. You can now see the kind of silliness I am talking about.