View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-23, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
The board I used to run had a distinction between political news and other news, and… well… in practice, it didn't help much. (Catpella might have a thing or two to say about that.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Oof no. Political Outsider over AI was toxic.
Exactly. That's kinda what I was thinking back to. They tried that several ways as well (moderated and not). It was pretty off-the-wall/unhinged, both. The unmoderated one turned into a Dodge City saloon fight/street duel immediately

Uh, no thanks.

News is news.

Maybe the person posting a news item could "tag" it somehow at the top, with one of the categories I was monkeying with above? Regular, Silly, Funny, Darwin, WTF?!, Political, Crime, etc.? Put that first, before the link, and then everyone knows what they're in for before clicking the link or reading any included commentary below?

That could be a workable middle-ground?

Those two things should be enough to tell anyone what they're in for if they click.

Maybe that addresses a lot of drew's concerns? He'd see:

Quote:
**Crime/WTF?!**

Cleveland Man Breaks into Home, Terrorizes Family of Three <--link
With any commentary from the poster starting below these two things? That's ample notice as to what's what, and enough to make a decision about

I'll start doing it on any news articles I post here. In fact, I'm going to go back up and do it with the Dolly Parton story.