View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-30, 15:45

This makes me so happy!

New iPhone SE Reportedly on Track for Release in First Quarter of 2022

Yay...bring it on!

Been putting money back a bit for a new iPhone. I knew I didn't want a $699+ flagship (or even a $599 12 mini), but I also wasn't nuts about spending $399 for early 2020 specs/performance either, heading into 2022. I don't give a rip about 5G, but the thought of this coming with the A15 that the current flagships have - and there's precedent for that very thing, twice...2016 and 2020 - then that'll be very nice.

I also don't give a rip about the double and triple cameras and OLED this and blah, blah. The SE is the iPhone for me, and a nice improvement on the current one is all I can really ask for. A15, 64GB and new battery? That's all I need to hear...anything else is just icing.

Off-topic (click to toggle):
PS - If this pans out and I get a new SE come February or March, that'll be six years that I've owned/used this. I take frugality and "use it until the wheels fall off" to ridiculous extremes, I realize. The facing has a hairline crack, the battery is shot, there's some yellowing in two places on the display. No way I'd ever be able to sell it, so, when the time comes, I'll just sign out of everything, turn off "find my iPhone", erase/reset to factory, put it in its box and set it in the closet next to my original boxed 2007 iPhone.

But it's been a great phone all these years, but I'm going to love the hop up from an A9 to A15, the basic camera upgrades/improvements, the storage bump (I've currently got 16GB and I know a new SE will have 64GB, bare minimum, and I'd be thrilled with that), plus the new battery and whatever else (bigger, brighter screen, TouchID, etc.). I'm completely happy if it keeps the same iPhone 8 design for another few years (because I believe we're about 2-3 years away from a true third-generation iPhone SE that'll be based on the 12/13. This 2022 can be a nice 2-3 year (which I can do standing on my head) phone in the meantime. I don't intend to keep it for six years.

Don't forget about us, Apple. Throw us a (affordable) bone every 2-3 years because not everyone wants/needs a a giant-ass, @#^%*& $700+ phone, I promise. I truly hope you realize this, because the day you kill the $400 SE is the day I write Tim the most profane, sanity-questioning email he's ever received/read in his life.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-11-30 at 16:04.