View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-07, 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
As someone who owns a company, I get it. It’s harsh, no doubt, but sometimes the truth hurts, does it not? Was it handled correctly? Hell no. I sure would be angry if I found out employees were only working for two hours during an 8 hour work day. Might be different if I found out they were so good at their job they finished quickly. In that case they didn’t have any work to do, that’s partly the companies fault, but if they sat on Facebook or Twitter for six hours rather than doing work they should doing? Fire their ass, regardless of when it is, assuming they have had chances to correct the problem. Sounds like mass firing of poorly performing sales people who didn’t hit their numbers, but 900 at once. Hmmm.
Terminating 900 people at one time over Zoom is a cowardly act. This chump wants to be portrayed as tough, but he's not.

Yeah, if the people are performing poorly, you either correct the problem or send them down the road, and there is an appropriate way to do that. This wasn't it.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)