View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-08-16, 13:32

The most recent iPod Nano definitely needs to be killed and redesigned. it will be interesting to see if Apple is willing to do so, and will admit it made a wrong decision.

Unfortunately, it sounds as if Apple may opt to skip updating the iPods this holiday season. There have been a few rumors that this generation would stick around, and the iPod Touch would remain A4 based through Christmas.

With the late iPhone 5 release I can see that as a possibility. Apple tends to avoid conflicting product releases, and new iPods and a new iPhone definitely do compete with each other to a point.

I do anticipate Apple expanding iOS and the App Store to the nano soon though. Apple wants iOS and apps on as many devices as possible.

I'm very torn about the Apple TV. I keep hoping it receives an app store but as AirPlay support expands and Apple enhances it, I am starting to think that all Apple sees as an opportunity in the home theater is to expand AirPlay support to third party tvs and allow the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad to become the 21st century set top box.