View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-08-21, 13:46

I'm telling ya...I think my mockup a while back (even if you remove the 10th anniversary vibe and the white color nod, etc.) is kinda what you're talking about. It's iOS and Multi-Touch, small and light and a nice bridge from the shuffle to the iPod touch. The way I designed/thought about it, it wouldn't be tied to the App Store or support that, so third-party outfits (and Apple) wouldn't have to redesign gazillions of apps. They're simply onboard, nano-designed in-house apps from Apple. Kind of a "training wheels" iPod touch, but a lot less expensive and not requiring store activation/access, etc.

But it would have a camera, would tie in nicely with iTunes (and iPhoto), basic organizing apps (clock, alarm, calendar, calculator, Nike+, voice memos, etc.) and would be no heavier or more bulky than the fourth- and fifth-generation nanos most people seem to love (and think of when they picture "iPod nano"...not this goofy, current-generation one that's too small for a useful nano, too big and bulky for a stripped-down shuffle...it's the worst of both worlds, a rare "WTF?!" move/product from Apple, IMO).