View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-12-23, 19:58

...so says AppleInsider, right here.

Quote:
Apple has reportedly scheduled a media event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco on Tuesday Jan. 26, 2010, for a major product announcement.

Citing inside sources, the Financial Times said Wednesday evening that Apple has rented the stage for "several days" at the end of January. Officials with Apple and the center declined to comment.Apple has reportedly scheduled a media event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco on Tuesday Jan. 26, 2010, for a major product announcement.

Citing inside sources, the Financial Times said Wednesday evening that Apple has rented the stage for "several days" at the end of January. Officials with Apple and the center declined to comment.
First off, that's my birthday. So...yay for January 26. Me, Lucinda Williams and Eddie Van Halen.

Secondly, I didn't put this in the existing "who wants a tablet thread" because this event might be about something else. I don't know what, but you never can tell.

But I think a few things are safe to assume (if you look at my final couple of posts in that "who wants a tablet" thread...or, even quicker, the bullet points in the linked story above).

So...place your bets, and make your predictions!

Could it be new pro towers and notebooks? Along with displays? Those are all due.

Could it be software-oriented? iLife and iWork 2010?

Or could it actually be some sort of tablet thing?

My money is on the last item, but I guess there are other possibilities.

What could it be, if not a tablet? What else would require a standalone media event like this?