View Single Post
nikstar101
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nikstar101  
2009-01-09, 09:04

I am not sure if everyone is up on the latest UK Tech Legal news but it seems that come March every email we send or recieve in the UK will be recorded by our ISP and be accessible to the UK Government.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7819230.stm

Now it says that they are not going to record the content of the email, just the origin, destination and date/time. But this is part of a wider scheme to also record what websites you go to.

I don't really have anything to hide, as i don't download mp3 or movies and i am not planning a riot or any other form of chaos so they really aren't going to find much (apart from an abnormal obsession with applenova).

But this really annoys me. I understand that there are mental people out there, but most of us aren't. Therefore we are sacrificing the rights of the many to monitor the few.

The next question is, if your ISP record your emails, can they record the email send via webmail? Can the ISP tell the difference between email and all the other data? Such as if you use MobileMe the email, the server is at Apple and there is a secure connection between that and Mail. So can it record that info?? Surely all the destination info is encrypted so they can't read it??

If not then this all seems rather pointless as people will just start using secure email.

So whats other peoples views on this. I am wholey against this type of thing. Next someone will be opening my mail for me!