View Single Post
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-07-12, 21:54

For me, the iPhone replaced my cell phone and added basic computer functionality (internet, email, iCal, my iPhoto library, etc) and the ability to take quick, quality on-the-spot pictures.

I find myself surfing and checking my email more then I ever had. I started surfing on my prior phone (a 3G Samsung with a "mobile" browser) but the iPhone's Safari has taken me to the next level. Around the house, sitting in traffic, even today at work when our network was down. I'm constantly connected now (which has it's own cons I guess, but that's for Robo's thread). The no junk mail setting doesn't bother me because the only email I use on my phone is .Mac email, which I have never received a spam mail in.

As others have said, I find myself using the Google maps for all kinds of things I never would have before. I found food and gas while on vacation for the 4th, not to mention my directions to the beach house. And just yesterday I used it to find all the 7-Elevens in town for free Slurpees.

One thing I find that I use that I'm surprised I do is the notes feature. At work I would typically send myself an email reminder for when I get home, but now I just jot a note out and it works a lot better considering it's constantly with me.

I still use my iPod on a regular basis, but I only ever used it in the car.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter