View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-04-24, 18:09

Because of its political implications, I'm shoving this post in here. And, no, I'm not following this down the rabbit hole. I just think this guy has stepped way over the line and is being an ass!

Short story:

Some stupid people held a "playtime protest" at a park. They intentionally organized, crossed a police barricade, and then a lady intentionally got herself arrested, all to draw attention to themselves. Then Bundy sent out the home address of the arresting police officer and called for a protest in front of the officer's home. Finally, Mr. "I believe in individual liberty" demanded the "right" to trespass on the officer's private property in order to confront him. So much for liberty!

Quote:
"You've been told not to come on the property," one of the officers responds.

"You don't get to make the rules here!" Bundy yells back.
The officers are protecting a U.S. citizen, but they don't get to make the rules? No, they don't, but they do get to enforce the existing private property laws that this "pro freedom" jackass is trying to trample on.

Hypocrite! Makes me want to cuss—and I did—but I got it all out of my system.

I am a freedom loving individual, I believe strongly in my right to assemble, speak, worship, carry a firearm, etc., etc., etc.! But this isn't about that. This jackass and his stupid, selfish worshippers are only trying to stay in the spotlight. Their cause is not righteous, it is not good, and it is not about freedom. And it needs to be shamed! I've come to believe that this jerk wants to be in charge so that he can crush those who do not believe what he believes. He is not fighting for liberty, but for power—his own!

Hell, even our very conservative Republican Governor wants nothing to do with it:

Quote:
Gov. Brad Little was even more succinct when asked during a Thursday press conference what he thought about Bundy and his group showing up at the officer's home.

"Disgusting," the governor replied. "Next question."
Not now. This is not the time!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2020-04-24 at 18:21.