View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-10-16, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoutnik View Post
Hey guys ! I am the dev who made mcmap. Github gives you links to places your project is linked from, so here I am.

Looks like my project is not adapted to your maps, but I feel like you did not manage to use it, so I'll try and help just in case.

[...]

Those are problems I am trying to resolve atm, but I am interested by seeing people with a use case.
Huh! I've never known anyone to pay attention to the traffic stats on GitHub. Welcome!

For what it's worth, I'm infinitewarp on GitHub, and I just opened an issue (Regions cause segmentation fault and stack smashing #56) with more information and a terminal recording (mcmap segfaults and stack smashing) that I hope will help provide some meaningful details. I figure the GitHub issue is the best place to continue the conversation, but I'm happy to provide more info here in this forum thread if that's any easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoutnik View Post
Brad mentionned compilation errors. Did you use OS=MACOS ? Considering the name of the forum I'll figure you are running on the ol apple hardware. Unfortunately as shady stuff is going on with the compilers on there, you need this flag to enable the tailored settings.
Yes, I set that environment variable inline with the make command, but it blew up at some point on an include related to something filesystem-related. I'll have to go back and retry to get the specifics. Following the instructions, I did verify that`g++ --version` reported 10 or greater (I don't recall what number exactly). So, I think either an even newer version of g++ is required that I don't have or there's something else that's broken. I may go retry this and file a bug for it too.

Cheers!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.