Thread: MC: Currency
View Single Post
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-26, 18:51

Whichever way, I have practical concerns with slimeballs as currency:

1: Slimeballs will eventually have a use, in a future update. What do we do then?
2: What's to stop people from making a slime grinder in their mines and effectively printing more money? If the design was good,* they could "print" more than enough money to cause hyperinflation.

In a way, cocoa beans or even cookies would be a better currency. (Except, of course, for the inevitable update that adds cocoa bushes.)

The only sensible currency is diamonds, as their value is unchangable and universal. But they don't divide up small enough to do change...

The Zero Punctuation review really nailed it: the true appeal of Minecraft is not simply making stuff, it's making stuff and having put in the work to gather resources. With the exception of a couple of small infusions from the Turtles and Art, I found all of that damn clay for the library myself. It's called Minecraft. Mining is 50% of the game.

PS: Two hours of mining Southwest of 0,0 netted 3x64 lapis. (And loads of iron, gold, diamonds, coal etc) So it's not that hard. I can even probably replace all of the gold I needed for the Theatre's pros arch. I plan to use the excess gold to build booster rails when they become viable.

I always drop off my excess materials at the exchange when completing a project.

K: I have red dye, ink sacs and wool. I'll drop you off a present as I don't need all of it. And always dye the sheep before punching it! Makes the dye go much further. I share your frustration with non-renewable roses....

* = I have no doubt, for example, that Bobsky's would be insanely good.