View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-03-01, 12:27

Well, I've reached another stagnation point at roughly 170. I weighed in this morning at 169, which makes it 4 weeks in a row, I think. Apparently, my body needs 1700 calories/day to maintain 170-ish. I think the trouble is the inconsistency in measuring caloric intake as pertains to my app. These numbers are all generalizations and I am learning they absolutely cannot be counted on for accuracy, especially the workout numbers.

Also, working out burns calories, but that burn is also generalized, and there is no way to no for sure if it is accurate. Counting calories burned against calories consumed means I can eat more during the day than I would be able to if I didn't work out, but I think those inaccuracies are working against me.

So, for the next few weeks I have lowered my calorie goals and am going to exclude my workout calories burned. I am shooting for a total of 1600 calories consumed, regardless whether I work out or not. Not counting the roughly 2000 calories burned during workouts should give me some extra working space.

And I have to get my Friday evening/Saturday intake under control.

*Frustrated*

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-03-01 at 13:38.