View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-03-19, 20:23

Guys, it's the Apple ad, simply with some other crap inserted. It's not real, from anyone. They'd get their balls sued off (does anyone here truly think Apple would allow that famous, iconic used, even for a Democrat?).

Some numbnut with a computer and some software inserted - badly, I might ad - those Hillary montages.

And the "media" is spurting all over itself, as though this is somehow the greatest thing that's ever been created. That's the worst part about it all (or funniest, depending how how it strikes you).

It's shitty compositing work (watch the logo on her shirt...at least Apple did the iPod thing a bit better). And they're basing their "logo" off that colored Apple logo that hasn't been used in about seven years. Anyone in the know would know better.

Oh, and the really crappy type at the end with the straight quote marks...kinda hacky, and, to me, a dead giveway that it's a) not real, b) not a huge amount of thought/smarts was put into it, c) it's nothing official from Obama (he can't be that stupid) and d) someone's *this close* to a letter from Apple legal.

It's a big deal about nothing (I'd have a bit for interest or respect for it if they made their own, and adapted the style and tone of the 1984 ad and filmed one from scratch, with their own, new actors, sets, but geared it toward a political ad (no running big-tittied womens with iPods). Then it enters "clever parody" territory, and you can give it some points or a bit of a appreciation. But it's a straight lift (someone got the Apple commercial off YouTube or some Mac geek website and went to work), and a pretty weak, lame one. If Obama's campaign does "adopt" this (which they won't), they're bigger know-nothing, all-spark-no-substance tools than I'd previously suspected.

Oooh, he's not on the Obama train...shoot him!

Sorry if I sound pissy...I've just heard about this thing all day long and I've it, or a link to a story about it, e-mailed to me about 942 times since this morning.