View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2016-03-01, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousuburb View Post
NY Times Reporting on The Desperate Plans to Stop Trump from Inside the Republican Party ... included within is a link to a handy interactive graphic with sliders for you to calculate your own options and % for each remaining candidates based on results before or after Super Tuesday and other deadlines

It ain't Nate Silver level accurate, but fun to play with nonetheless
In typical GOP fashion, they waited until the 11th hour, and now it's too late to do anything. The time to stop him was six months ago when his campaign was still thought of as an elaborate joke by many. Now he's the strong favorite to win.

Part of me absolutely hates him, since, you know, he's a racist, narcissistic, chauvinistic, compulsively-lying, pandering asshole. But another part of me loves that the GOP establishment is getting their ass handed to them by popular revolt, even if I'm not part of it. This would be like if Sanders was pulverizing Clinton despite the Democrats' best laid plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Barring a Marco Rubio miracle tonight, Trump is going to be the GOP nominee, which means he's going to get absolutely creamed by Clinton.

I hate Hillary but I will still hold my nose and vote for her before I ever vote for Trump. If it came down to Trump vs. Sanders (which it won't, but) I would happily vote for Sanders in that situation. At least he has some integrity.

Romney's been getting increasingly feisty the last few days, I wonder if he's considering jumping in.
Interestingly enough, I checked out the betting odds on the Republican nominee and several sites have Mitt Romney available to be bet on, with only slightly lower odds than John Kasich (who himself is only slightly behind Ted Cruz). It's really down to Trump vs. Rubio at this point, with Cruz unable to make headway with the only demographic he ought to be winning (evangelicals).