View Single Post
El Gallo
Formerly “MumboJumbo”

2017-03-15, 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglow View Post
changes to ACA > loss of healthcare > ??? > leaked tax returns > Rachel Maddow == dumbass

I can't quite follow the connection above, can you explain what your friends meant?

It said he paid 25%... what kind of tax rate are you paying?
Well I've been mentioning for a while that Trump doesn't tweet or promote what people perceive to be craziness around him accidentally. It is purposeful. There's a reasoning behind it.

So most of my friends in California on social media have just been playing right into his hands, as have the media and what have you. I've been doing my treadmill runs at the gym and I kid you not, Trump's name (which must not be spoken so we can #resist) is on the screen of CNN continuously.

So basically my FB and Twitter feeds are full of daily outrage du jour be it real or imagined all driven by Trump.

Now recently a very real and important event occurred. It was newsworthy and a legitimate point of interest for us as a nation. We are discussing changes to the ACA. THE CBO scoring on that came out.

Now a legit discussion would consider benefit versus cost, the outcomes of CBO scoring versus other scoring, was it dynamic versus static, etc. That was starting to happen through the media, though due to their own biases it was largely focusing on who might gain or lose health care. (I saw very little mention of the $300+ billion in spending savings for example.)

So this was starting to happen. The news was actually starting to, you know, do journalism. Then......

Then we had Kelly talk about microwaves and..... a mysterious copy of Trump's tax records for one year more than a decade ago magically shows up in the office mailbox of a journalist. (There is actual suspicion that the leak came from Trump.)

Suddenly the talk changes and becomes about Trump and what did he pay? Does this prove he worked with the Russians? Etc.

So now the next day the social media is full of the usual, driven by Trump. Now it is about how Rachel is a chump, or a hero. How he needs to produce the rest of his taxes and how there's a protest for that, or a million postcards or look here's Kelly and a picture of a microwave, etc.

However there was a small change too. Perhaps 3% out of the normal 100% that would be this way.

The message.... hey weren't we just discussing the ACA and how many people are going to have their health care changed? Can we not get distracted? Can we focus on the ACA changes and this real life pending actual legislation that has real consequences. You know consequences much more important then if we feel smug and superior while posting pictures of Kelly and a microwave in a funny meme?!?!

That was a real change. It's a beginning.

I mean how many times can someone point at your shirt and you look down and they pop you in the chin?

Some people MIGHT be starting to wake up. Maybe.....

Or maybe not...... I mean did you see how stupid Cheeto Man is? He lost like $150 million that year plus Kelly thinks the government can listen to you through your microwave! Here's a picture of her talking into a microwave while kneeling on the White House couch in a purple cape!

Yeah maybe..... just maybe........

Last edited by El Gallo : 2017-03-16 at 09:29.