View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2013-11-05, 23:19

My first 2-3 RAM purchases (way back in the mid-late 90's) were thechipmerchant.com (I'm not even sure if they exist anymore; they were in San Diego when I lived there, and I'd actually stop by their facility - in an office/industrial park a few miles north of Jack Murphy/Qualcomm stadium - and buy my RAM right there for same-day installation). It's the RAM that went into both my tangerine iMac DV and my iMac G4, plus a friend's Power Mac G3 (the blue/white tower).

But for the past 10+ years, I've only ever used Crucial. Prices seemed good, it's easy to figure out exactly what you need for your specific machine and I've never had any problems. I'm sure cheaper stuff exists, but why rock the boat at this point, fixing something that ain't broke?

If I have a bad experience with Crucial someday, maybe I'll look around at other options. But Crucial-bought RAM is in the various Macs of about 10-12 people I know (including mine), and all is well (and those 10-12 people actually represent about 18 or so Macs, old and new/past and present).