Thread: 2020 Apple
View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-24, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I don't follow all the various storage/capacity offerings from other companies that much, but am I out of line for thinking that Apple's free 5GB, in 2019/2020, seems a little on the chintzy, low side? I know some of that is offset by some things not fully counting toward that 5GB, etc. But still, doesn't it seem a little dinky compared to some others out there? It hasn't budged in ages, so I can only assume Apple is sitting on some internal data/polling that tells that "5GB free is all most people need, and they should be happy to have it".

As I said the other week, I guess you don't get to be a $1T outfit by being super accommodating, generous and just giving shit away, huh?
Yeah, 20GB seems like a better idea. What Apple is doing is selling lots and lots of services, iCloud data storage being one of them. And if you need 6 6GB and only have 5, well guess what!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Something amazing in the MBP area.
MacBook Pro XDR coming soon to a pirate ship near you! Just $9999. And that will be cheap when compared to some Alienware thing and a Sony 4k reference display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
A thermostat?
This is an area where Apple could be excellent, but I would never buy one. At some point some hacker is going to come along and turn your heat way up in the middle of the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteggio View Post
Me three.
Not sure I want to extend my phone payments any longer than February—when they end—but my X is just a smidge too large for my pocket. I'm with Scates. If they can get that thing down even a half inch diagonally I think it would be the perfect phone. *BUT* it cannot have a Home button, or I'm out.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)