View Single Post
Dr. Bobsky

2019-12-27, 17:02

I almost did it. I actually did do it. I ordered a replacement for my three year old MBP when two keys began sticking at the same time. (and yes I occasionally eat in proximity to my laptop). I angrily went through the purchase and chose interest free financing because what's not to like about that (it does build credit), but lo-and-behold, I am an unwanted migrant to the British Isles and my credit score is shit. So no loan for me, despite the fact that I could pay it off tomorrow. And no computer either.....

Then I discovered that Apple has a full replacement for top of case in situations such as mine for no charge. Because their design is bad. Because they refused to be proactive about making it better for, what, 2.5 years? An in warranty repair for free? Sign me up. Yes it meant I had to take 2 hours to travel to the nearest Apple store while developing the flu.

I will get the computer back tomorrow with a new top case, a new keyboard, and new batteries. Not bad for a computer I was >< this close to tossing.

When bad credit saves your ass...