View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-11-19, 20:04

Figure we could make a neat little "one-stop" thread, to corral all the 'Nova favorite holiday recipes (Thanksgiving for many of us here is this week, but the next six or so weeks is full of holidays and get-togethers as well).

1) Pick one thing you do really well, or that is maybe your unique "special dish", and give that one. And if you want to do others, create a separate entry. Let's keep it lean and mean: one dish per post (for easier browsing, copy/paste, etc.)

2) Let's follow a standardized format for ease of browsing and following, cool (copy and paste the format below, replacing the normal, non-bold areas with the the relevant info suggested by the bold headers:

Category: Beverage, Appetizer, Entree, Side dish, Bread, Desert (I guess those six things would cover most...add others, within reason, as needed, but I think the above six catches most of it).
Prep time: A rough estimate
Cooking time: Again, a rough estimate; give folks here an idea of what they're getting into...are we talking 20 minutes, or three hours?
Ingredients:
List them vertically
With returns
Like this
For easy scanning/grocery list creation
Directions:Tell us how to make it!

Feel free to include pics, especially a final, "after" shot of the dish in all its slaved-over glory!

I know there are some people here who can sling a mean dish (and will be doing so in the coming days and weeks), so this is the time when you get to share your favorite(s) with others!

Happy holidays, one and all. Ho-ho-ho, and all that...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-11-19 at 20:16.