View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-01-02, 18:22

Also @Brad
While working through this issue I noticed how large our world maps are and needed to make room. So I've put a script in place that's going to limit how long our old backups stay. Rather than letting them stay perpetually like I have, I'm now going to purge after 30 and 60 days. It runs every night at 4am.
Code:
find $backupfolder -type f -mtime +30 -name world.\*.085\* -exec rm -fv {} \; find $backupfolder -type f -mtime +30 -name world.\*.145\* -exec rm -fv {} \; find $backupfolder -type f -mtime +30 -name world.\*.205\* -exec rm -fv {} \; find $backupfolder -type f -mtime +60 -exec rm -fv {} \;
So with this all the 0250 backups stay until the 60 day mark. Also, because I've specified the times the way I did, most one-off backups will stay until the 60 day mark. All backups will remain until the 30 day mark. So that leaves plenty of time for noticing that something wasn't right and needs to be restored. If you think the backups should stay longer let me know. I just realized how much of my NAS storage was lost due to these massive and archaic backups. The script is run on my NAS rather than through the MC server so you won't be able to change it directly. This is why I'm wanting to let you know so you can give input on it even though you can't modify it directly. It was easier for me to do it this way rather than modifying the init.d script.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.