View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-06-28, 16:14

I'm not sure what they would do. I assume it's somewhere between "same fee price" and incarceration.

In other words: a fine hefty enough to ensure it would never happened again.

Think about it...if they caught you after the fact and just charged you the regular 2% as a "fee", what would keep everyone from doing it, and bypassing all the front-end stuff? People would opt to roll the dice, knowing that they might not have to pay anything, but, if they did, it wouldn't be any more than what they were originally looking at.

A fine/punishment has to be more than that (otherwise it's neither a fine or punishment), so just know that going in. They might hit you up with $4,000 or something nutty (which is still a damn sight better than being the new human jungle gym/penis receptacle at county lockup).

Off-topic (click to toggle):
I flew out to KC last year to help my friend put up a picket fence in her yard. We didn't have permits, but we were replacing an existing fence that was all nasty, splintered and rotten. A lady from the city office stopped by one morning, as we were screwing up the horizontal railing and asked us. My friend explained the situation (and fudged a few minor details in regards to timing and so forth) and the lady said "oh, okay...just checking".

I guess you could replace, but not rebuild new? We were using the same inground, concreted 4x4 vertical posts, but all the horizontals and pickets were new, freshly-painted wood. I guess that somehow fell under an exemption? To this day, my friend never heard back from them and never received a citation or fine in the mail.

We did the whole "feign ignorance" thing (which I'm really good at, with barely any practice ), and I think it might've saved our butt. That an my friend's class-a bullcrapping skills and way with words.