View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2006-04-02, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
Good Night and Good Luck.

Go rent it and be amazed. Great movie. You'll learn something important, you'll be entertained, and you'll realize just how far television has fallen and failed us.

Great flick. The fellow who played Murrow probably deserved that Academy award IMO but what can you do. Other than see the movie for yourself and be amazed. Great script, BW / lighting was amazing, and the characters were all cast and directed very well to Clooney's credit. I'm buyin' it, and I can't think of but one or two movies I've ever rented, that I liked enough to buy.
I rented that this weekend. It was pretty good, except that my current television has *horrible* black levels, so it made some scenes hard to make out, and being a B&W film just made that worse. I plan on renting it again once I finish the home theater. (Of course, to finish, I have to start)

I also rented Everything is Illuminated, which I liked better than Good Night and Good Luck. It stars Elijah Wood as the American Jew trying to find the woman who rescued his grandfather from the Nazi's in a small Ukrainian village. Most of the movie is told through the subtitles of the Ukrainian characters and the (very funny) broken English of the translator Alex. It's a bit of a bizarre movie, but I still liked. My rating: 9/10.