View Single Post
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-01-30, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I'm trying to eat better, and the collectable minifig packets are great non-candy incentives for doing unfun things. Did you know that you can actually tell which minifig is inside each packet? The barcodes are all different...
I just bought one on Friday for the same purpose. Went to Walmart to pick up some coffee creamer before work. I used to always grab some candy or donuts when I made those trips, but this time I bought a minifig instead (series 5).

From what I've read, the stories about differing barcodes (or "dots" on the package) aren't really true. The only way to ID them consistently is by molesting the packaging to find the unique pieces in each set. They all have something unique in there, so feeling for different traits may be the only "foolproof" way. But then you're relying on your own perception of what you're feeling.

I'm gonna go back some time soon and feel them all up again. I want to find the one with the lizard suit before they sell all the series 5. TRU has series 5 and 6, but there was no price posted for either.