View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-18, 11:56

That explains why I missed didn't watch it. Anne Hathaway is overrated, and watching Rebel Wilson try to be funny makes me vomit. There are certain movies that I will not watch based simply on who is in them. And those two are right up there.

Seriously, the last Hathaway flick I watched was Get Smart, and that was terrible.

Honestly, I don't understand what the world sees in some of these actors/actresses. They are neither particularly good at their jobs, nor particularly attractive. Yet Hollywood is stuffed with them.

The ones I love:

Tom Hanks; Morgan Freeman; Adam Sandler
Jennifer Anniston; Marissa Tomei; Adam Sandler

There are so many I can name, but those are my favorites.

Others: Michael Douglas and Alin Arkin are doing an absolutely amazing Netflix original called The Kominksi Method. Bryan Cranston's performances in Breaking Bad and The Upside made me a true believer (Cranston as Philip Lacasse in The Upside is one of the most believable performances I have ever witnessed on screen). Jack Nicholson? I mean, come on! (He and Morgan Freeman were absolutely brilliant in The Bucket List). Meryl Streep was awesome in Mamma Mia. Juliette Lewis in The Other Sister. Ah, the list goes on.

And then the losers.

And that list is waaaay too long. There are people in Hollywood who have never acted a convincing roll in a 50-year career.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-12-18 at 13:52.