View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-02-12, 15:38

I like one that I'm seeing lately in the evenings, for Amazon grocery delivery.

It uses that "bullet time"(?) technique (is that the right name...where a camera moves around a static, frozen shot in 3D space?) and an old Chuck Berry song.

Here it is, on YouTube.

It makes no sense at all, this kind of song with such a filming style, but I can't look away. And that little girl busted at the end makes me smile. She stole the cake!

And for those who enjoy the song and want to hear it all, here you go!. Great Chuck wordsmithing, as always. The man always painted such a neat picture.

Two things:

1) I'd never heard this Chuck Berry song before. I assume most of you haven't either, except I'm actually a huge fan of the man. But I've always focused more on the earlier, 1950's output (as further evidence of that claim, I'd never heard "You Never Can Tell" until I saw Pulp Fiction in 1994, when it played in the twist contest featuring Travolta and Thurman's characters). I should probably go seek out more 1960's Chuck Berry releases. I'm obviously missing out on some cool stuff.

2) I take it that shooting style is based on multiple mounted cameras, all timed/triggered to go off in sequential order to capture a "frozen moment" but in moving space? How close are these things together to achieve that, because it looks pretty seamless. Or is the frozen, suspended liquid all CGI at this point?

I remember, probably a good 20 years ago, there was a Gap khakis commercial that showed people dancing to Louis Prima's "Jump Jive 'n' Wail", and it employed the same sort of technique in a couple of scenes.

Forgive the Idaho Russett quality, it's all I could find. PS - Damn, 90's women were really sexy/cute, huh?