View Single Post
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-06-13, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edna Crabtree
Sorry, I have some sympathy here, because after all, it was an accident. But it's always an accident...., still it won't matter to your wife, husband, children, parents etc. that you opted to not wear a helmet because, "there ain't no law." Go take a walk around a neurotrauma unit someday, and maybe you'll revisit the topic. Same goes for headfirst diving. May as well protect your brainmeat.

That's a nice cycle, no doubt about it. But the HP/weight ratio is simply out of control. I'd guess only a fraction of a fraction of riders out there could handle this beast. And as somebody else suggested, Brittney Spears is coming the other way, and Sean Preston's riding shotgun.
My wife works in the hospital OR and they call these things donorcycles. One particular organ harvesting session was from some guy who got drunk, hopped on his bike and head-oned a Dodge Ram pickup. My wife knew it was a Dodge Ram because they removed the hood ornament from the guy's face. She has other donorcycle stories, but I always remember this one, especially when the "It's a hemi" commercial comes on TV.