View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-12-08, 20:31

*raises hand*

I'm one of those builders...and bought an Intel mini a little over a month ago.

I know I'm a corner case, but I happen to have direct representation here thus my statements and stance. Please understand, I'm not disagreeing with you at all here just pointing out it is a much more definitive isolation point for "switchers". Basically, if you love iPhone, buy a Mac. If you don't, go with Dell/HP/Gateway (), etc...

It isn't just me but also the circles I run in at work. My boss would likely freak out if he knew my "work computer" was a VM running on a Mac. The desktop they provided is an ESXi server for testing. The company I work for prides itself on running Windows Everything. So my coworkers tend to lean that way too. They are all geeks as I am so we talk about tech at the virtual water cooler. Everyone of them is distrusting of the stats on the new Macs and even less willing to consider them in any way now that they are no longer running Intel. These are intelligent people who just dismiss for the sole reason that it is proprietary. They also hate Cisco blades and such, but that is again, a corner case. These people aren't Apple's target now, but I still believe the move to proprietary is going to drive more away than performance will draw in.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.