Thread: iPhone 13
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-15, 15:05

What would it cost you to do so?

It's been three years (introduced in September 2018) and a three-generation processor jump (plus all the other things they announced yesterday).

Why not?

I'll never be a "new iPhone every year" (or even two years) kinda guy, but three years (or more) is certainly reasonable and makes for a noticeable, "worth it" improvement in performance, camera, battery life and all the rest. Plus, right out of the box, you've got double the storage. That's always nice.

If I were in your shoes, considering all the above, I'd totally do it, especially if it cost under $500 to do so (that part I don't know).

EDIT: Looks like Apple is offering $240 trade-in value for an Xs in good condition. Shakes out to $459 if I'm doing everything right. I'd definitely do it, to replace a three-year-old iPhone with a brand new, just-announced flagship model (in a nice, compact size) for $60 more than you'd pay for a lowly SE.

PS - If you were sitting on an iPhone 12 (or even 11), I probably wouldn't be such a devil on your shoulder...but a three-year-old phone? That's prime upgrade time, IMO. That's the sweet spot of a) not being ridiculous like Paul and keep phones for five-plus years, but b) three years is enough gap to appreciate the benefits/improvements (1-2 years, IMO, just isn't).