View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-19, 17:12

My favorite time of year, hands down. Always has been, always will be. I actually get bummed when spring/summer approach...hate 'em. "Time to endlessly sweat everyday for four months straight...yay".

But give me jeans, flannel shirts, boots, hats, a scarf, fleece pullovers, leaves, fires, pumpkins, those colors, the way the cool air feels, ciders, fall and Halloween decor everywhere, leaving your windows open all day/night for about a month, aimless drives in the country to look at the colorful trees, the various seasonal stores and stands (we have some apple-oriented places within 35-40 miles of Chattanooga with all the stuff one can make from apples and I wind up there every October for salsa, jelly, pastries, apple butter, etc.).

The happiest you'll ever see me is a crisp, clear blue-sky day in October, in the middle of nowhere with my windows down and one of my two dozen plaid flannel shirts on...nowhere to be and all day to get there. I come alive in October!

I have waited for this time of year to finally get here...you have no idea. Haha. This summer has been one big nut-crusher at every turn, it seems like. And just entirely too hot/humid here. I'm ready to turn this stupid AC off for a good 6-7 months and just breath in clean, crisp and humidity-free air. Autumn around here is soooooooooo nice.

I feel my mood/spirits lifting daily...

To my delight, while driving back home from the store today I saw some trees with little patches of yellow and orange developing. I figure in about two weeks, it'll be even more widespread and then come the latter half of October, it'll be gorgeous around here. I think we're in for a beautiful fall this year.

Anyone else feel/think this way, or are you one of those summertime weirdos?

Where my autumn peeps at?