Thread: iPhone 13
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-25, 12:26

The migrations for Mrs T sucked for me. It was all me, but they still sucked.

I went to make a backup of her phone using Finder. I selected "Backup All Data" and then checked the box to encrypt. Entered the password and then it proceeded to make the backup... after it defaulted back to "Backup Important" stuff. So I ended up having to delete everything and start over. +200GB of stuff. Took forever to migrate her phone.

Her Watch didn't "just work" either. I had to manually unpair it from her old phone and then add it to the new phone. I'm glad it was me doing it and not her. She would have been so frustrated about the whole process.

The iPad was no different. I didn't catch that it did the same defaulting so I just let it do the basics and manually did the passwords and stuff as needed. She lost some apps. but they were worthless and unused anyway. This actually helped her clean house.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.