Thread: iPhone 13
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-09-25, 13:41

Don't do it through the computer unless you need to. Just do the iCloud migration and simplify your life. Right before your new phone comes in back it up to iCloud (free for the full devices capacity for 21 days even if you aren't paying for iCloud storage) so that when your new device is in you can set it up and restore from the iCloud backup. The hardest part of that method is waiting for all the apps to download. You also have to reenter your passwords and such. I didn't want this route because it made it that much harder for Mrs T. I wanted her to just user her new phone like she did the old one.

In the end it worked like that from her perspective. I took her old phone and said you can't have it anymore. Put it in Airplane mode, turned off bluetooth and wired it to her MBP. Backed it up. Took the new phone (after doing the update) and restored the backup via the MBP wire connected. Moved the SIM from the old phone to the new one once the restore completed. So she waited a few hours without a phone and is now using the new one like she did the old one.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.