View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-14, 15:46

That's almost like something I'd do!

I do wonder, with one year coming up, what happens to that first round of M1 stuff from November 2020? Do they just get a faster M1 in the coming months?

That's something that's yet to be made known, now this stuff is to be tiered and aimed over time.

Will there always be an M1 and it just gets faster under-the-hood speeds/specs for years to come? Or does it go to an M1x at some point, putting it on even ground with the upcoming pro notebooks?

How will the two lines - regular and professional - be presented/separated? Will it all just come down to timing, where 1-2 times a year, for a month or so, a bunch of Macs, whether they have the word "pro" in their name or not, share the same guts, based on when various models are updated?

Or will there be an obvious, distinct two-lane track with this, this and that Mac on one...and these, these and those Macs on the other? And it be really super obvious which one is designed for what type of user?

I'm really hoping that sort of thing is made known Monday. Just too much unknown/unclear now, for nearly a year now.