View Single Post
Is it 1981?

2016-09-15, 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
I'm going to stick with iOS 10, simply because I know that in no time there will be some software/firmware hack that Apple will only provide updates to protect users against, via a iOS 10 update.
Aesthetics aside, there are lots of other smaller (subjective?) things that made me switch back.
  • Swipe gestures: I found it easy to dismiss the Now Playing screen with a subtle flick in 9, but in 10 I need to perform a more deliberate swipe. Same with notifications – easy to dismiss/ read more with a subtle flick, but now requires a longer, deliberate swipe.
  • Widgets, on the other hand, are the opposite – the number of times I ended up opening a widget/ app at the end of a scroll was hugely annoying.
  • This is probably just me, but if I can swipe back and forth between the Lock Screen and Widgets, it feels natural to me that I should be able to do the same with the Camera. Nope. Feels odd that swiping right to the Camera is a one way journey, even though this isn't a change in behaviour as such.

Helvetica is my bitch.
System: 27" iMac i7, 2TB, 8GB RAM, Mac OS X Snow Leopard