Thread: iPhone 13
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-10-31, 07:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
There was some bit about the notch being smaller, but that's been a rumor every year since the X.
It comes down to how much they can shrink the sensor array. And, if they can, how much they don't want to add further sensors. A front-facing LiDAR, say.

(OTOH, a good front-facing LiDAR might replace the need for the infrared camera, flood illuminator, proximity sensor, and dot projector!)

I don't understand what a smaller notch buys us, though. Either they make it that much smaller that it can just spread across the entire screen, bringing back a bezel, the way they did on the iPad Pro (but I don't think they want to do that, because the current notch is an iconic design). Or they… make it thinner and/or shorter, and… for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
an industry-driven non-story kept alive by a bunch of prolls who have nothing, and I mean NOTHING, better to talk about.
Yup. For the most part, I don't notice the notch at all. It looks a bit silly in landscape video, but that's about it.

Pundits gonna pundit.