View Single Post
¡Damned!

2011-12-03, 16:38

It feels a little bit broken right now, but I think that's mostly the fault of the abrupt Spawn displacement. Now we have two settlements at a time where there really should only be one central one with a few outlying posts. Though, it's still way early in our world, and I suspect that the 2 cities will eventually be joined along the coastline. They're not that far away from each other:

The feel of the 2 are very different too, which is a good thing imo. New Spawn feels more like a place I'd put a cottage ala Loch Greene, where Old Spawn feels like it could turn into a new Bridgeport.

Plus, we're really only getting started on community infrastructure. Eventually there will be roads and subways (and possibly skywalks?) connecting the two areas together. The mob trap is key, and now there's a comm exchange, so maybe the next thing that needs to be built in that area is a subway station. I think the skywalks helped expansion and pulled the areas together in BP immensely, so once we get the subway going I can see a little more cohesiveness happening.

I don't really believe we have a world without snow, though it looks like it's a ways away. I'd suggest to those who really want to build in a snowy biome to load the world up in creative mode (seed: 1664852336) and do some exploration without bloating our SMP world. Once we have coords we can built a path in the Nether, but make it clear that connecting the area in the overworld is a no-no.

So it goes.