Thread: Cybertruck
View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-11-22, 01:12

I watched the live Cybertruck presentation tonight (Thursday).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEwtrXGOW_o

Article with Photos of Cybertruck

It had shades of the excitement from an Apple event, I have not felt that way in a long time.

Strange to feel it again.

Elon is awkward AF on stage. It's just not his strong point.

They went to such effort to build up the futuristic aspect of the product, then he comes out and stammers his way through the presentation.

Having a guy whack on the truck with a deadfall sledgehammer was interesting.

The bulletproof glass demo had me amazed, until they stopped doing a controlled drop and had a dude throw a metal ball at the drivers side window. I'll confess that I was concerned that the glass would break, and you know what? Instead of bouncing off, the glass cracked and crazed – (broken, but not penetrated).

Elon stumbled his way through intros of videos showing the truck's power and stats.

The base model price is under $40,000 which is remarkable.

He did a "one more thing" at the end, when a dude drove up on a Tesla ATV and drove it up the truck's ramp into its bed.

Frankly, the truck looks INSANE.

Many Tesla fans may wish that the company was releasing something along the lines of a recent speculative render of a Teslafied pickup truck instead of this metal monster.

Tomorrow's news cycle will decide whether it's worth a CHEER or a JEER (ala TV Guide).

I don't have a dog in this fight.

We'll see plenty of EV trucks in the future - Musk is simply doing his job as prophet of the future.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter