View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-05-25, 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana
From what I understand, reputation system is primarily there as a mean of self-policing members who get out of line, and not really about who's most popular or rite most hilarious posts?

If this is indeed the case, why not simply "flatten" the reputation. Give everyone a set amount of points, oh say, 100 points. If they get out of line, they lose points and if they lose too many points, their ability to post and other stuff becomes restricted.

Would this be a solution you'd be interested in?
Personally, not really. No offense. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here..

The Overlords [ *does small curtsy* ] do a fine job, and everything works well as it is here.

I think AN is fine just the way it is.. My only wish is that the user info stayed as it was. But it's no biggie at the end of the day.. and that's only my view amongst all the far more relevant and important thoughts about Tacos and stuff..

Hmm.. Tacos.. Way to get me to forget what I was wound up about..

Slightly off the main thrust of the topic.. I do think knowing your post count info personally is essential, if only to be able to account for the time lost here each year of our lives, posting! So thanks, for putting it back in the CP. I didn't know it had been removed.

And I think the person giving reps, and the comment are quite a usefull snapshot, if nothing else, of your current state of mind, and that of people you are interacting with.. and over time in the community as a whole.. So I think the rep system is good for moderation, both 'Overlord-ish' and personal.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt