View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2018-07-25, 08:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Yeah. I understand that port transitions are commonplace, and we still working toward USB-C for everything (if Apple ever decides to give up Lightning.)

It just seems odd to me that a third party hasn't seized on this opportunity. There are third-party combo chargers for the iPhone and Watch (like Belkin's docks) and Apple is working on a charging mat as well.
Seems to me like this one would do it:

"Nekteck 4-port 72W USB Wall Charger with Type-C 60W Power Delivery"

Not enough to charge a 15-inch MacBook Pro, but it does have a USB-C port to charge other MacBooks, and three USB-A ports to charge your phone and watch…

Quote:
Maybe the complexity and reliability of a laptop charger is the sticking point.
It appears that, in practice, getting those high wattages over USB-PD has proven quite tricky. It's not quite mass-market yet.

Quote:
But I would have thought a laptop charging brick with a pullout cable to iPhone/iPad and an integrated induction charger on top for the Watch would have been something a third party could pull off.
Apple can't even pull it off yet. AirPower was announced almost eleven months ago…