Thread: iTunes Snapshot
View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-09-25, 15:09

I modified one of Doug's AppleScripts to do this.

This script examines the selection in iTunes and puts tracks that have album art that is not embedded into a new playlist for your viewing pleasure.

Code:
tell application "iTunes" set fx to fixed indexing set fixed indexing to true copy (a reference to (get view of front window)) to thisPlaylist if item 1 of selection exists then -- test if there is a selection... set using_selection to true copy (count selection's items) to idx else -- its the whole playlist set selectedTracks to (get a reference to thisPlaylist) set using_selection to false copy (count thisPlaylist's tracks) to idx end if set i to 0 repeat with j from 1 to idx if using_selection then set track_ref to (a reference to item j of selection) else set track_ref to (a reference to track j of selectedTracks) end if if (count of artworks of track_ref) > 0 then copy (count of artworks of track_ref) to idx2 repeat with k from 1 to idx2 set this_art to (a reference to artwork k of track_ref) if downloaded of this_art is true then if i = 0 then set this_playlist to make new playlist set the_date to current date set the name of this_playlist to "Art Not Embedded - " & month of the_date & " " & day of the_date & " " & time string of the_date end if duplicate track_ref to this_playlist set i to i + 1 end if end repeat end if end repeat if i > 0 then display dialog i & " songs have art that is not embedded. See the playlist called " & name of this_playlist as string else display dialog "No songs have art that is not embedded." end if set fixed indexing to fx end tell

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.