View Single Post
idoru

2004-11-03, 16:51

Hey, first post here.

My ibook is about 8 months old now. It's the one with the 14" screen, 933 mhz.. I have the Airport and additional RAM (640 megs in all), apart from that it's completely stock.

About a month after buying it I noticed these two irregular bright spots close to (but not in) the lower right corner of the screen. They're bright, but not white - you can't see it at all if that part of the screen isn't displaying a plain color, or a very simple shape. So basically, with my regular picture background, you can't see it without looking very closely.

I handed it in to the service guys here in Stockholm, Sweden, and they replaced the screen, on the warranty. I get the computer back, the screen is fine.. for a month. Then new bright spots appear, same corner, but not in the exact same location, and the spots are not the exact same shape either. I hand it in for another screen replacement - Once again they replace the screen, and this time also the screen cover, I think.

3 weeks later, and guess what.. the spots are back. Does this happen a lot with ibooks? It seems like unbelievably bad luck to get 3 defect screens in a row, which also leads me to suspect that something other than the screen causes this... but I'm just guessing.

I suppose I don't mind right now, since the warranty covers it, but I'd hate to think what happens when the warranty runs out (it's only a year IIRC), if they still haven't hooked me up with a working screen.