View Single Post
¡Damned!

2011-11-15, 17:33

MineCon is approaching and Notch's "good enough for now" seed has apparently gone Gold. So, that means sayonara to our home in Loch Greene and hello to a more permanent world. Exciting times for all.

So, this is meant to be a sounding board on what all of our players expect from TNW and what we maybe would want to change from our lives in BP. We can hopefully come to some resolutions and make TNW more to our common likings from the get-go. I'll start:

• I think the skyways were too high in BP. I'll take most of the heat for that, but I think they would be better looking if they were half as high or less. I think a central city would feel better if we were looking up at all of our creations instead of down. imo, of course. Also, if you haven't yet, take a look at Elysium's design in our current world. It's a combination of the old-world BP design with the addition of stone brick. Since stone brick is cheap, I'd propose some thing similar in design. Also, we need to come to a consensus on how rails will be built, or if we even need them with the Bukkit plugins.

• Curious if we'll treat the Nether as a place not to be fucked with. And for that matter, Strongholds. Glowstone, Netherblock, Mossy and Cracked Stone Block would have to be asked for from the Ops. I for one would like them to remain intact.

• Exploration. Much larger biomes mean much larger exploration, obviously. In LG we hit 95% of our RAM disk, without really breaking a sweat. Should there be coord limits for exploration, at least until we figure out how to deal with a much larger world?

• New Members. Bring 'em on - the more the better and it makes gameplay so much more enjoyable when there's other people on. That said, I'd like us all to put together a more comprehensive "rule" system. Land grabs, personal space, etc. Couldn't hurt for all current members (including me) to refresh on that before TNW.

So spill it fellow MC friends. The more we plan this beforehand the better TNW will be.

So it goes.