Thread: iPad C
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2013-09-18, 12:22

Yeah, I think that slate color - for whatever reason - must not have met with much success or support. It was quite dark and I think it showed scratches and scuffs quite a bit. I'm sure that factored into Apple's decision a bit. Go a bit lighter this time, so any underlying aluminum isn't as noticeable?

But it looks sharp. I like it too, much more than I ever did that slate color. That, combined with the black glass panels, was too dark for my tastes. The black and grey looks snazzy.

Once the slate option was removed from the iPhone, you know it's not gonna stick around for the iPad!

Kinda wonder what the full size iPad will do this time around as well? I'm betting it goes with a black/space grey and white/silver approach as well, like the minis (especially since the rear shell is rumored to be taking on a more mini-like design and appearance.

Then they'd have black/space grey (along with white/silver) spread across their iPhone and iPad models. I still can't imagine gold coming to any of the iPads. Seems a bit much (plus, we probably would've heard something by now, or seen leaked pics as well).

If this new mini comes with a Retina Display - and it will, I'm 95% certain - it's gonna result in two things:

- Massive sales and upgrades/replacements (I've heard no fewer than 17 gazillion people say the only reason they're holding off on an iPad mini is the Retina Display)

and

- The full-size iPad is going to get some serious muscle and/or other "set it apart" feature(s)...otherwise, people would just buy the lighter, cuter iPad mini in overwhelming numbers.

So I expect good things from the upcoming iPad announcement. Retina-based minis and "OMG, why do I want/need a full-on Mac anymore?!?" full-size models.

And, dammit...I still think there's a need for my iOS-based Time Capsule home-based backup solution for those who truly want to go PC free (but have too much data/content to back up/store via iCloud).

I think something like that is only a matter of time, as more and more people will make an iPhone and an iPad of some sort their sole computing device. There needs to be a way to migrate/upgrade new devices and "restore from backup" as you would a new Mac.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2013-09-18 at 12:33.