Thread: iPad C
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2013-09-24, 22:34

No surprise, but still nice to see.

Space Grey iPad shells leaked (allegedly).

I don't imagine them doing gold...just seems a bit much. But you never know. The gold iPhone sure is proving popular.

But it would be nice to see the full-size iPad, along with the iPad mini (and iPhone 5s) have a black/space grey and a white/silver choice. Last time, even when the iPhones and iPad mini had a black/slate option, the rear shell of the full-size black iPad stayed silver.

I think it'll all look more like a cohesive family if the metal colors carry across the various iOS devices...space grey, silver and (possibly) gold. But the first two are pretty much a lock.

I know a lot of folks were disappointed when the iPhones stayed at their 16/32/64GB capacities. We know the full-size iPad has a 128GB option for $100 more ($799), but I wonder if Apple will offer the new full-size iPads in 32/64/128GB capacities, stock? Just to make them more of a draw and differentiate them a bit more (from the mini, mostly)? They're getting more popular and are becoming more and more the sole device for some people. Would be nice to get 32GB at that $499 entry price, three years - and five revisions - into the product's life. Maybe that's something they're planning to do?

Keep the mini at 16/32/64...I don't think anyone's gonna squawk too loudly on that one (lower price = lower capacity). But they could go ball's-out and make the new full-size iPad a real "Cadillac" on this next go-around...A7x, even better graphics/battery, spiffy new case, new color option to tie with the black, lighter, thinner, bump up the capacities for the same price, etc. It's not unthinkable, some of the above...they always do find a way to make them thinner and lighter, but faster and with better (or at least the same) battery performance.