View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2016-09-15, 12:25

I’ve been using iOS 10 for a few days now and I think I’m getting used to the changes. In the past I have tested iOS beta’s, but since my testing iPad 3 is no longer able to take updates I didn’t this time around. As a result I feel a little slow to see the changes this time, even after reading the list.

Overall I’m okay with what Apple has done, but here are some things that I’ve noticed, good and bad as seen from the perspective of a iPhone 6s user. I didn’t have any installation problems, but I did it through iTunes in the evening of release day.

Good:
- Stopping alarms with touch button rather the slide. This is way more reliable, and works on the first try every time.
- Control centre, overall nice change, even if the scrolling to work with music isn’t ideal
- Hiding useless Apple apps, aka Home kit, Watch, Videos, Mail, etc.

Neutral
- New unlock procedure. Not a bad change, took me a few times to get used to it, but since using touch ID slide to unlock hardly got used anymore. The bad, I can no longer unlock my phone if my fingers are wet or dirty. It takes forever before it finally brings up the keypad to enter the password now rather than after three attempts.
- New keyboard, haven’t noticed any big changes, but I don’t use multiple languages in conversations etc.
- Messages. Did they really have to make the send button smaller? People with big fingers must hate this change, for me it’s okay.

Bad
- Lift to wake. Nice feature when it works properly, especially when I just want to check the time. Problem is that it seems overly sensitive and randomly wakes the phone when I’m walking around. This cannot be good for battery life.
- Music App. When Apple made changes in iOS9 I asked myself, can they make this app any worse? The answer in iOS10, yes they absolutely can. In a future update I hope they let user change the text size, at least in iOS9 I could see the top 8 playlists, now only 4. Seeing the lyrics now requires pressing a button and scrolling way down, rather than just tapping the artwork. It's just the little stuff like this that bugs me.
- Health App. I’m not a fan of the new layout, I really want the dashboard of iOS9 back for quickly checking the stuff that I care about. Can I get rid of those stupid videos already?

So how about the rest of you? Anyone holding onto iOS9.3.5? Problems installing?

Last edited by PB PM : 2016-09-15 at 12:54.