View Single Post
feidhlim1986

2010-01-27, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao View Post
Don't think so. The Wii succeeded for two reasons. 1) it was a lot cheaper than the alternatives. 2) it introduced a substantially different method of user interface, and in effect almost became a different device entirely from 'just a game system'.

Compared to the iPad and you have a product that is not cheaper than its cousins(iPod Touch, iPhone, as well as a host of netbooks) and that doesn't really introduce any new or novel features that might offset that and give it standalone appeal.
I was comparing that the iPad will be very much a casual market product I think. I could see my mom, aunts, uncles, grandparents being able to use and love the iPad over your tradition Laptop or Netbook. The iPhone / iPod Touch is too small I think for that demographic, at least for my visually impaired mom Just like a huge market of Wii owners are people who never bought a gaming system before, moms, grandparents, and other middle aged people who would never have bought a games console bought the Wii, and I think the same kinda demographic will also buy the iPad over a tradition Laptop.