View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-06-20, 10:10

LOL. Sorry. I hadn't even read all the way through.

We stopped selling printers and scanners several years ago. They have become commodity items and our cost is higher than the average resale prices at the big-box joints. We simply can't compete, so we don't try.

That being said, we still think Canon makes the best overall products. The ink is cheap (comparatively speaking) and they hold up reasonably well. At least as far as plastic boxes full of moving bits will hold up.

In the shop we use almost exclusively Ricoh products for document printing. Although we do have a Brother all-in-one for scanning and printing certain documents. When I get to work, I'll try to remember to look up the model number.

And, yes, generally the all-in-one stuff is cheaper than even a reasonable scanner with ADF.

If you're just looking for a single thing, then this would be it. Pricey at $300, but I bet you crafty internet buyers can find it cheaper.

Edit: So that Brother unit is an MFC-9840CDW. The thing has worked well for years, but it's probably more than you want or need.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-06-20 at 10:43.