View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-06-07, 08:03

Whoa!

Not quite sure what to make of that. Is it real or not? If it's a fake, someone did some nice work because it certainly looks Apple-y enough (except for the guy's cheeseball, "who me?" expression, but maybe that's okay too).

If it is real/accurate, Roboman will be thrilled to see a Product Red iPhone...

I know I shouldn't get too wound up, as this sort of thing is very easily created/faked anymore. The guy could've just take all the rumors regarding the tapered shape, spent some time in Photoshop mocking up an iChat interface on an iPhone, etc.

But it sure looks nice...

EDIT: upon further examination and analysis (and reading the comments at the above article), I do believe this is a fake/hack job. A good one, no doubt...but another "leg-puller" with Photoshop and some time to kill.

It would be nice if people would just say, up front, "hey, this is a 'what if' mockup...it's not a 'leak', I'm not trying to pass it off as one, so don't wet your pants over it. It's just me having some fun in Photoshop..."

But they don't, so they're kinda angling for some attention/face-time and to stir the pot by leaving it "hanging out there" and not clarifying.

I think that's borderline Evilâ„¢.